CLIA UK & Ireland is a member of Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), the world's largest cruise industry trade association with representation in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australasia, providing a unified voice and leading authority of the global cruise community.
CLIA is engaged in travel agent training, research and marketing communications to promote the value and desirability of cruise holidays with thousands of travel agency and travel agent members.
CLIA brings the whole cruise industry together – ocean cruise lines and river cruise operators, travel agents, ports, destinations and industry suppliers. We know that the industry is stronger when we all work together with the shared aim of promoting the cruise travel experience.
- 50+ Cruise Lines - CLIA lines represent more than 95% of global cruise capacity.
- 15,000 Global Travel Agency and 53,000 Travel Agent Members - Our travel agency members include the largest agencies, franchises and consortia in the world.
- CLIA Cruise Lines serve more than 30 million passengers annually.
- 400+ Executive Partner Members - As key suppliers and partners to the cruise lines, Executive Partners play a major role in the successful operation of cruising, including ports & destinations, ship development, suppliers and business services.
Become a Travel Agent member and join the community!
CLIA UK & Ireland is here to help you cut through the cruise information, terminology, trends and opportunities; and help you grow the cruise side of your business.CLIA provides the official industry training and certification, unique resources and inspiring events to support the travel agent community.
24/7 Online Access to cruising.org
- Learning Academy – Interactive online learning programme covering cruise products, destinations, sales technique, the cruise experience & latest trends – as well as modules on your local market.
- Cruise Line & Travel Agent Associate Contacts–A listing of all key Trade Sales and Business Development contacts you need to grow your business.
- Cruise News & Opinion – Keep up to date with the latest from all CLIA cruise lines. You’ll also find cruise related articles supplied by key cruise line contacts, journalists and cruise bloggers.
- Digital Brochure Rack - All current brochures published by CLIA cruise lines are available to download, share or print.
- Agent Resources - A library of CLIA-produced Factsheets, Guides, Reports and Presentations.
- Cruise & Ship Search - Access to an industry-leading Search to assist with finding the right ship and itinerary for your customer.
- Sales & Marketing Toolbox- Download CLIA and CLIA cruise line branding to promote your membership!
Events and Ship Visit Opportunities
- Flagship Events - CLIA operates the only cruise industry events that showcase all sectors, including the annual CLIA Conference, the UK’s largest travel agent Conference, and the River Cruise Conference, now in its 10th year.
- Roadshow Events - We take our events on the road with CLIA roadshows and showcases, visiting regions across the UK and Ireland inviting travel agents to meet our cruise lines and receive industry updates and training.
- Award Ceremonies - CLIA host award ceremonies to celebrate the successes and innovation shown by our member agents.
- Ship Visit Opportunities – We list all ship visit dates offered by CLIA cruise lines, with filters available to search by port, cruise line and date.
Cruise-inspired Unique Resources
- Webcasts, Video and Live Learning–A great mix of Video content, including Interviews, Panel discussions, 60-second News round-ups and even promotional videos from our CLIA cruise lines.
- CLIA Cruise Podcast–Our Podcast library offers a whole host of Audio-Interviews from across the sector, and is available to download through iTunes to make sure you never miss one!
- New-to-Cruise Guide – Developed specifically to assist agents new to the sector.
- Sustainability - No industry has a stronger interest in protecting the oceans we sail and the destinations we visit than cruise. These pages explain the work being done by the industry to ensure cruising remains a leading form of Sustainable Tourism.
- Destination Information - An interactive map of key cruise ports, featuringincredible photography, and supplemented in 2021 by new Destination Fact Sheets for quick-reference reading.
- Weekly eNewsletter – The latest news from CLIA, our cruise lines and Travel Agent Associates - Including training opportunities, industry news and registration details for latest events.
- Touchdown TIS - Your ticket to incredible savings as a travel industry professional. Find worldwide holiday deals exclusively reduced for travel agents.
Join the CLIA Cruise Community!
The CLIA Team in London
- Andy Harmer - Senior Vice President, International Travel Trade Membership and Director of UK & Ireland Email
- Adele Fitzpatrick-Foster - Trade Membership & EventsManager Email
- Lisa Morton - Finance Manager Email
- Charlotte Humphrey - PR Executive Email
- Alex Holubowicz - Special Projects Manager Email
To contact the London Office please email email@example.com
THE CLIA PROMISE
The variety of cruise holidays available is almost endless, and with so many options on offer, the role of the Travel Agent has never been more important.
Supported by the world’s greatest ocean and river cruise lines, a key objective of the work we do at CLIA is to support you in building your cruise knowledge, increasing your sales confidence and inspiring you to become ambassadors of the cruise industry.
Whether through our certified online training, attendance at events and ship visits or participation in other unique CLIA activities, we thank you for the time and efforts you invest in building your cruise sales.
All CLIA Member agencies are listed in our consumer-friendly “Agency Finder” listing available online at cruising.org, and we will always drive consumer business back to our Member agents. Your knowledge of the industry helps you to match your customer with the right cruise, the right ship and the right itinerary.
Booking a cruise through you, our CLIA Member Agencies, really is the best place to start a search for the perfect cruise holiday.